Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mercedes-Benz museum showcases 120 years of automotive history

Mercedes-Benz Museum
Mercedes-Benz Museum

Located in Stuttgart, Germany, the new Mercedes-Benz museum houses more than 160 vehicles and 1,500 exhibits ranging from the company's first cars, dating back to 1886, to the SLS AMG supercar of today. Built in 2006, the facility has accommodated no fewer than 2.8 million visitors who have had the option of taking a guided tour or browsing the car collection on their own. Unfortunately, haven't gotten the opportunity to be included in that list of visitors yet.

Thankfully, Mercedes-Benz has unloaded nearly 100 new photos of the 16,500-square-meter facility. You can see everything from the legendary Silver Arrows, to Formula 1 racers, to beautiful pre-war cars. All are included in the gallery below, or you can even take a virtual tour of the building at the museum's official web site.

1 comment:

TY said...

I like your automotive blog alot. I have my own car wallpaper blog & I am looking forward for a link exchange with your blog. Here is my url :

http://musclecarswallpaper.blogspot.com/

Do let me know if you are interested.

Recent Posts